Lab Technician - High Technology / R&D
|Job Title:||Lab Technician - High Technology / R&D|
|Contact Name:||Nick Green|
|Job Published:||June 04, 2020 17:23|
I am currently supporting a growing technology business with the recruitment of a Lab Technician. This company are well funded and have found great success already with the development of a specialist Nano coating, which is predominantly applied to Electronics products. They are now looking to expand and apply it in industries such as Automotive and Life Sciences.
As such, this role will support the Technical Engagements team with the implementation of advanced application strategies for existing and new product lines, utilising technical expertise and detailed knowledge of their technologies to support the Sales & Commercial team and its customers. We are ideally looking for someone who has a Degree in Chemistry, Materials Science or Physics, and has some experience of lab work and working in a project team.
• Working with customers to ensure the successful adoption of company technology.
• Processing and testing of samples to demonstrate the benefits of company technology.
• Support Sales team to win the business by dealing with technical issues.
• Support technical projects to solve problem and win business.
• To gain expertise in the main analytical techniques.
• To monitor, record and report work through lab notebooks on a continuous basis as well as via written reports and verbal communication/ presentations.
• To ensure work progresses according to plan and inform supervisor if problems arise.
• To maintain a clean, safe and efficient working environment in the laboratory.
Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, or an equivalent discipline
Skills & Experience
• Knowledge of chemistry and/or physics, and/or material science.
• Experience of scientific analysis and report writing.
• Experience working as part of a project team.
• Experienced in laboratory work including handling chemicals, and able to work safely with minimal supervision.
• With the assistance of others, the ability to trouble-shoot processes, procedures and machine issues.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite (good working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's