Our specialist Battery Engineering client are seeking a Jigs & Fixtures Design Engineer to join their expanding team.
This is a Mechanical Engineering role within a small Engineering team and the successful candidate will have ownership of and responsibility for jigs & fixtures for both Test & Development, and Manufacturing throughout the development cycle and into production. The role involves designing assembly jigs, laser welding jigs, test rigs as well as supporting the design and manufacturing teams, and potentially carrying testing and writing test reports.
• Investigate mechanical feasibility, including:
o Review of CAD, Drawings, and prototypes to assist in defining the optimum assembly equipment design and use.
o Design, Procure, and implement test rigs and prototype testing models
o Gather, Analyse, and report on test data
o Generate BOMs, supporting Project Management & Costing.
• Design Jigs & Fixtures:
o Informing DFMEA, PFMEA and Control Plans implementing actions as appropriate
o CAD design of Required jigs & fixtures
o Prototyping, Physical testing, and reporting of the above
o Tolerance stack-up studies
o Create high-quality Engineering Drawings and CAD models for jigs, fixtures, and potentially special purpose machines for test and manufacture.
o Working with Design, Manufacturing & Customer to deliver repeatable quality parts.
o Liaison with both internal & external customers.
Skills / Experience:
• Intimately familiar with Creo & Windchill. Experience with similar CAD & PLM packages may be considered if the candidate can demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly and effectively.
• Experience with Jigs & Fixtures
• Experience with HV Systems & Batteries Beneficial but not required.
• Proven experience designing Machined components, and some experience with instrumentation and controls would be beneficial.
• Candidates must have hands-on practical mechanical experience to facilitate assembling, testing, and troubleshooting test rigs, prototypes, etc independently.
• Proven experience liaising with suppliers, and sub-contractors to manage both project and component level issues with Jigs & Fixtures.
• May be required to support Design Team with Testing and Component Releasing as Required.