We are looking for an IT Support Technician to support and maintain our clients IT systems, ensuring it’s best possible use by creating a positive experience for all users.
This is a varied and busy role so you won’t get bored! You’ll be answering calls, emails and direct requests for assistance; recording, categorising, monitoring and resolving requests and incidents in the Helpdesk management software. Offering support to users with troubleshooting and technical support directly or via phone, web-based tools and email as required.
Your job is to ensure all employees have appropriate IT facilities to enable them to perform their roles effectively and advise all employees and guests on the effective use of IT facilities to meet their business needs.
Don’t worry; you’ll be part of an established team of 10 IT professionals who’ll be able to help you do this.
When new employees join, you’ll be the one to help them with their IT needs, explaining the available IT facilities, policies and procedures, emphasising the importance of IT Security.
In time you will get a chance to visit other sites and offices across the UK.
The scope of your responsibilities will include: Worldwide IT and telecoms systems and infrastructure, providing around the clock IT support and services to all employees irrespective of location.
What we are looking for:
• GCSE in Maths, English and ICT or equivalent qualifications/experience
• Second-jobber from an IT Support environment with a record of delivering problem resolution.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows 7/8/10, networking, anti-virus and other software.
• Experience of PC Build management techniques
• Understanding of the use of Active Directory, Microsoft Server and Exchange 2013.
• Some knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SNMP and IP Security.
• Understanding of Firewalls and their usage.
• Customer focused with a passion for delivering quality services and continual service improvement.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Team worker able to interact with all employees and vendors.
• Logical problem solving skills
• The ability to work under pressure while maintaining a clear perspective on business needs.
• Good written and oral communication skills for communications with technical staff, business customers and management.
• Time management skills; able to be flexible in responding to changing needs.
• Organised, pragmatic and able to influence or persuade.
• A finisher of work, able to differentiate between solving a problem and the perfect solution.
• Proactive and solution orientated.
• Able to make decisions and act independently with relevant input.
• Generous contributory pension scheme
• 25 days holiday
• Holiday purchase scheme (employees can purchase up to 5 days per annum)
• Life assurance - 6x annual salary
• Onsite free parking
• Discretionary company performance related pay scheme (annual)
• Working hours are 08:30-17:00, one hour for lunch though we are trialling a Working Arrangements scheme which gives a little flexibility to start/finish times