Leading scientific research business is seeking an IT Systems Engineer ideally with knowledge of Linux and/or Windows. For candidates willing to learn, training on either Linux or Windows can be given.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a small IT team, working directly with the companies Lead IT Engineer. You will be exposed to a broad range of IT related aspects to help the company achieve its exciting and ambitious goal. The role requires an individual who is happy to take-on a multitude of tasks and prepared to get their hands dirty.
A proactive approach is required in order to keep improving the company’s IT systems with the constant objective of providing an environment that allows the scientific team to research at the fastest pace. Additional tasks will be to investigate specialist technologies when required, monitoring of the cybersecurity aspects of the company and be willing to take on additional tasks as required.
Ideal proven ability
• Administration of Linux and/or Windows systems (training on either can be given)
• Experience of troubleshooting and solving user issues
• Demonstrated self-motivation, enthusiasm to work in a dynamic team environment and evidence of taking the initiative
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Networking knowledge
• Experience of automation/configuration tools e.g. Ansible
• Knowledge of Virtualization
• Experience manging Active Directory and Group Policy
• Exposure to administration of Atlassian suite of software
• Administration of Office 365