|Job Title:||Infotainment Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Simon Davey|
|Job Published:||September 07, 2018 15:12|
At this OEM there’s a wide range of unique opportunities available to suit some of the best people and brightest minds in our industry.
So, if you’re looking for a key role in shaping the future of the car industry, we’ve got the stage and the tools necessary for you to make it happen.
To successfully deliver company quality targets & secure a successful launch of vehicle projects into the European & AIME market. As part of the Vehicle Validation team you will be responsible for validating the functional operation & reliability of Infotainment systems on the vehicle against company specifications and regulatory requirements.
Main Tasks and responsibilities
• Develop testing methods & procedures that comply with company specifications and regulatory requirements to ensure robust validation on various navigation and telematics systems.
• Confirm vehicle level quality, function & reliability standards are maintained with changes of Navigation & Telematics HW & SW
• Support supplier/in-house sound quality tuning for both Audio and Hands free systems
• Cross functional working with project quality, management and engineering teams to ensure early response & transparency to concerns
• Conduct Root cause investigation of complex concerns on vehicles under the guidance of the component or system engineer
• Creation of test reports in line with vehicle development schedule / Gateways
• Provide technical support to the production plant.
• Some management of suppliers and hosting of guest engineers
• To understand and operate within the Health and Safety rules defined by company.
Background and Experience
• Be degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline
• Have relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic development relating to vehicle body electronics, HMI, navigation systems or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience on a major development program, e.g. in aerospace, telecoms or similar.
• Have knowledge of the electrical architecture of modern vehicle electronics and experience of fault finding.
• Understand electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices
• Be able to risk assess hardware & software modifications and develop appropriate test plans
• Understand network communications and multiple bus principles (CAN, LIN)
• Be able to operate CANalyzer software or similar and interpret the results
• Be able to follow system circuit diagrams and identify electrical connections
• Be able to demonstrate and have practical experience in problem solving tools and techniques
• Be conversant with digital oscilloscopes, and basic electrical test equipment.
• Have good written and verbal communication skills.
• Competent with PC applications including Microsoft excel and Microsoft project.
• Have ability to prioritise and multitask between multiple projects simultaneously
• Be self-motivating and self-managing. Pro-active. Positive. Energetic personality and flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
• Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions travel may be long distance and or at short notice.
• Valid UK/European driving licence is MUST.
Additionally the following may be an advantage.
• Awareness of VDA test requirements and procedures.
• Knowledge of software programming and software quality assurance.
• Knowledge of Antenna or Communications technology.
• Understanding of electronic mass production techniques and processes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's