Our Motorcycle OEM client based in Leicester is seeking a new Homologation Engineer to join their busy homologation team.
Frequent travel will be required depending on test schedules; 1 week duration on average possibly monthly to locations such as Spain, US, Indian and Brazil.
This will suit an Engineer with 3-5 years + experience that is motivated to work in a small committed Homologation team, with interest in travelling with ideally automotive or motorbikes experience.
This is a broad practical role, providing technical support to the business for all legislation, working with 3rd parties, governed authorities and bodies, test houses, test engineers globally and completing necessary administrative tasks.
Further duties and responsibilities:
- To execute effective type approval test programs for new models, model updates and running changes, all in line with the company key dates.
- To help to devise test methodologies, including the development of cost-effective test equipment.
- To ensure information documents and drawings are accurate and are in line with regulatory requirements.
- To assist in the investigation of regulations and test procedures of markets new to the business. This includes any local specificity that may apply including documentation, test lead-times etc.
- To deputise for the Senior Homologation Engineer as requested.
- To advise design staff where necessary on homologation matters, especially where interpretation of a regulation is needed.
- To forge effective and mutually beneficial relations with test houses and type approval authorities.
- To assist with other projects as required.
We ae looking for engineers that can demonstrate the following key skills/attributes:
- Knowledge of, and experience in the type approval of an L, M, N or T category vehicle for the European Union or another major vehicle market such as the US, Japan or Australia.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel overseas to conduct test programs.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
Contact me to discuss further Paris Williams