Our client is a British OEM and is famous for building iconic motorcycles. Through bold design, purposeful engineering and a genuine passion for the ride, they create distinctive motorcycles and aim to make the best in the world.
Our client designs all of their motorcycles in Leicestershire and manufacture components and complete motorcycles in five factories globally.
A new opportunity has arisen for a Homologation Engineer to join their busy homologation team based in the Design department in Hinckley. The successful candidate will be expected to work with minimum supervision on the following:
Duties and responsibilities:
- To execute effective type approval test programs for new models, model updates and running changes, all in line with the company key dates.
- To help to devise test methodologies, including the development of cost-effective test equipment.
- To ensure information documents and drawings are accurate and are in line with regulatory requirements.
- To assist in the investigation of regulations and test procedures of markets new to the business. This includes any local specificity that may apply including documentation, test lead-times etc.
- To deputise for the Senior Homologation Engineer as requested.
- To advise design staff where necessary on homologation matters, especially where interpretation of a regulation is needed.
- To forge effective and mutually beneficial relations with test houses and type approval authorities.
- To assist with other projects as required.
The successful candidate will ideally be educated to minimum HND level in an engineering or automotive subject and in addition, he/she must be able to demonstrate the following key skills/attributes:
- Knowledge of, and experience in the type approval of an L, M, N or T category vehicle for the European Union or another major vehicle market such as the US, Japan or Australia.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel overseas to conduct test programs.
Travel will be required for this position globally, therefore you must be open and flexible to travel when required.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
Contact me to discuss further