Our client are a global manufacturing company supplying products to automotive OEM customers from more than 70 manufacturing facilities spanning several continents. Their product line includes Climate, Exhaust, Heat Exchange, Interior and Electronic Systems. We are looking to recruit a Heat Exchange Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. These new and exciting positions will be involved in the design & development, cost and delivery of automotive components & systems using your engineering knowledge & experience. Your development activities will support new product launch & the continuous improvement of current product competitiveness.
• Engineering Degree or equivalent
• Experience of Designing Plastic (injection moulded) and Metal (pressed/extruded/rolled) components for large volume automotive production (ideally for heat exchange product).
• Self-motivated, Eager to learn & well organised with a ‘Can Do’ attitude
Required ability & skills:
• Prepare & confirm design evidence against specifications & standards
• Produce and Release design data including the use of CATIA V5/6 and Enovia PDM system (Solids & Drafting) and applying G,D&T.
• Control your projects by applying project management skills.
• Interface effectively across CK functions, regions and with OEM.
• Apply engineering tools & techniques e.g. design FMEA , DFM
• Manage Supplier base for prototype design feasibility, procurement costs and timing to meet Budget and Project Milestones.
• Liaise with Supplier base to agree Tool and Tolerance Feasibility.