You'll work as part of the ‘Active Product Development Team’ which is responsible for all aspects of active product development; overseeing industrial design, mechanical design, acoustics, transducer design, electronics, DSP etc. to bring products to market.
• The main responsibilities of the role are to:
o Support the headphone development process, specifically with relation to ANC.
o Design, maintain, and implement new and existing ANC topologies and algorithms.
o Support deployment of the ANC with the headphone manufacturing partner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Tune/verify/validate digital algorithm for active headphone products from prototype to engineering builds, and bring to mass production in the fields of ANC (Acoustic Noise Cancellation) and voice call enhancement
• Maintain and develop the simulation GUI (MATLAB) based on system/platform requirements
• Develop and optimize ANC and DSP architectures
• Collaborate with electronics team to optimize the audio signal path
• Collaborate with external suppliers to help to develop future platforms
• Work with other acoustic/mechanical experts to optimize the electro-acoustic-mechanical system
• Manage the audio testing spec for production to achieve the world leading performance based on projects requirement
• Manage ANC calibration and testing in factory
• Work with ODM partners and in-house engineers to resolve production issues by providing technical direction for engineering builds and mass production.
• Work as part of a cross disciplinary team to progress research in the audio field
• The candidate must be prepared to travel, visiting our headphone OEM suppliers sometimes at short notice and for extended periods. Travel will mainly be in the PRC and Taiwan.
• The candidate will also be required to get involved in DSP related to other products in the portfolio
• Honour’s degree in Electronics, Acoustics or Signal Processing
• Experience from within the audio industry
• Comprehensive understanding of digital signal processing and digital and analogue filter design
• Comprehensive understanding of control theory and ANC
• Knowledge of moving-coil transducers and ECM/MEMS microphones
• Creative problem solving
• Skilled in MATLAB and experience in deploying embedded DSP
• Experience of some or all of the following programming languages: Python, C, Java
• Able to operate audio test equipment instruments including Audio Precision, and SoundCheck etc …
• Understanding of audio measurement techniques
• Experience of critical listening.
Benefits package includes:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 Days + Bank Holidays
• Pension (5% employee, 5% employer)
• Life assurance
• Discounted products
• Free food