The focus of the Supply Chain & Procurement Team extends across all activities relating to our clients own supply chain development and management, including procurement and outsourcing. Importantly the team are also responsible for working closely & collaboratively with technology partners to support the volume scale up of production in their facilities.
This role is a Senior level role in the SC&P Team responsible for developing and implementing innovative best practices, policies, processes, governance, and tools to support the delivery of the roadmap.
The role is centered around driving procurement excellence across the organisation focusing on the following key areas of:
• Process optimisation
• Governance and Compliance
• People Capability and Target achievement
Reporting to the Supply Chain Director, this role has a wide scope of responsibility with the opportunity for the right candidate to shape the procurement function of the future.
It will be essential to build strong relationships with our partners, gain the right attention from suppliers and establish excellent professional relations. Of critical importance is the need to maintain confidentiality of materials, sourcing decisions and Intellectual Property.
You will work closely and collaboratively with the other functions within the company including manufacturing, engineering, legal and Intellectual Property and commercial. You will travel safely, as required, to ensure appropriate representation both within our partner and at supplier meetings.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Extensive and proven experience in Procurement & Supply Chain, typically 5+ years.
• Educated to Degree level, and/or Professional CIPS/CILT certification.
• Experience of operating and influence at a strategic level.
• Strong business acumen, with strong knowledge of P2P business models and approaches or techniques necessary to achieve best in class.
• Strong skills and a keen interest in supply chain management, development and optimisation
• Demonstrable experience of leading supply chain management and/or a procurement function with a proven track record in strategic procurement and leadership delivering effective strategies, policies, processes and systems.
• Exceptional communicator with the ability to connect with a diverse group of stakeholders, at multiple levels within the company using a variety of formats.
• Strong change management capability with demonstrable results.
• Supplier Relationship Management experience.
• Team player in the context of a SC&P leadership team.
• Proven track record of negotiation, contracting, developing, collaborating and working with suppliers.
• Computer literate, proven track record with common MRP systems execution, reporting and methodology.
• Results-oriented, metrics and data driven leader with expertise in supplier collaboration, development and compliance.
• Understanding of engineering, research and development and manufacturing processes.
• Experience of commodity procurement useful. Such as stainless-steel, coatings, ceramic powders or general chemistry buying including rare earth materials
• Pension scheme
• 25 days holiday per annum
• Life assurance x4
• Employee Save and Share Scheme
• Health Cash Plan
• Cycle to Work
• Season Ticket Loans
• A days annual leave for your birthday