4 days ago
Salary / Rate:
£70 - £75,000
Head Of Service
70 - 75k
This Head of Service role is working for a high-tech design and manufacturer of fibre lasers and is responsible for covering both their UK sites, Southampton and Rugby.
The Service team is split between Rugby (6 employees) and Southampton (12 employees) and is made up of a mix of Service Engineers, Technicians and Repair line staff. They have two local Team Leaders therefore, meaning the role has 4 direct reports, but there will be a need to travel between both sites. With a preference for the role to be based in Southampton as this is the larger site of the two.
Manages the service team to support the global service network through repair of returned products, management of escalated problems and ensuring new products and modifications are supportable. Directly manages the commercial service relationship with factory and special accounts
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Manages the Rugby and Southampton Service centres to deliver repairs within agreed quality and turn-around time KPIs
• Responsible for resolving problem escalations from the global service network and direct customers
• Develops and delivers projects to improve the operational and financial efficiency of the service team
• Responsible for ensuring spares, knowledge, tools and documentation are available to the global service network to support new products and product modifications
• Manage the development of data systems to collect failure and repair data; work with Quality, production and engineering teams to improve the reliability and reduce the warranty cost of products
• Financial management of the service team including spare parts and repair pricing
• Facilitate the generation, publication and execution of service standards, policies and procedures
• Work with other part of the global service network to deliver excellent service to customers
• Proven experience as a Technical Service Manager from an industrial/electronics based, high value capital equipment/component sector, such as medical device, laboratory device, semiconductor or other high value instrumentation/component environments
• At least 5+ years experience managing a Product Support team or Service & Repair team is essential.
• Experience in a customer-interfacing role is essential.
• Operational planning and lean management experience
• Experience of SAP or other ERP system
• Proficiency in German or Chinese
• Project management experience
• Industrial laser usage or test experience
Qualifications: Good standard HND or Degree in Electronic Engineering, Optoelectronics, Physics or related discipline. Equivalent experience will be taken into consideration.
• Excellent communication, influencing, and presentation skills
• Ability to quickly synthesise and simplify complex information
• Able to make decisions both strategically and tactically for the benefit of both customer and company
• Able to work with internal cross functional and global teams, as well as external International partners, at all levels within a manufacturing/industrial environment
• Customer focused, placing customer satisfaction at the heart of what they do
• Self starter, independent and driven to meet targets
• Excellent organisation skills (self and of others)
• Analytical and methodical skill set to improve internal tools and methods
• Able to solve complex problems and drive continuous improvement process
• Adaptable, able to multi task in a change oriented environment
• Resilient and calm in handling complaints from customers
• Willingness to travel as required
• Strong knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent interpersonal and emotional intelligence awareness
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV for our review and consideration.