23 days ago
Salary / Rate:
Circa 70 - 75k plus bonus
Head of Quality
Salary £70,000 - £75,000 plus bonus
Southampton or Rugby based (two site role)
Our high technology manufacturing client has two UK sites, 1 in Southampton and 1 in Rugby - they require a Head of Quality to manage the quality functions across the 2 sites with the main focus of the role on Product Quality & Reliability, Quality Systems, Supplier Quality and Product Compliance. The total team size is 12 in the quality function, with a structure that includes a couple of senior team leads so the number of direct reports is 6.
The position is part of the Operations management team reporting to the COO, spanning across both Southampton and Rugby sites therefore, the role can be located in either place. The job holder will need to travel between the sites and the split between the team is 9 in Southampton; 3 in Rugby.
The single point of responsibility for Quality Systems and Product Quality & Reliability Improvement, this role is responsible and accountable for our laser product quality and reliability improvement across the business from piece parts to customer. Reporting to the COO, this role will also lead and drive Quality improvement activities for business processes and products across the whole business, with teams in Southampton & Rugby and spanning all functions, notably Product Development, Customer Support and Operations.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Satisfying customer expectations about the product's quality
• Single point of Quality escalation path for customers for incoming / outgoing communication providing detailed customer facing Q&R reports and presentations as required.
• Determine the risks and opportunities that can affect product conformity and manage these for product quality
• Drives analysis of performance trends; both from within our production environment and externally from our service teams and customer base.
• Drives effectiveness of the product quality and reliability process, including fault finding, 1st level and detailed investigation, root cause analysis, containment and corrective action.
• Ensure that appropriate quality controls and assurance inspections are undertaken across the business
• Maintain stakeholder engagement internally and externally with suppliers and customers.
• Supplier Quality performance monitoring and management in conjunction with procurement.
• Give quality input during NPI gate reviews and ensure that the appropriate quality criteria as well as process limitations are understood
• In charge of the nonconformity and corrective action processes ensuring one process and best practices are incorporated by everyone to reduce waste.
• Establishment and continual improvement of the QMS processes to ISO 9001:2015
• Take responsibility and authority of the activities of the QMS such as ensuring QMS conformance, promoting customer focus, and reporting on QMS performance and quality objectives
• Implementing improvements to production and business processes that lead to overall increases in product quality and reliability
• Provide focus, direction and control for internal audit planning and management.
• Manages KPI reporting to top management and parent company
• Requires good technical understanding of high precision or electronic products. Needs to be able to understand and operate in a technology based environment.
• Excellent Quality and Reliability theory and practice
• Strong working knowledge of ISO9001: 2015
• 5+ years leadership skills as a Quality Manager in a high tech, component manufacturing industry
• Experience of fibre laser design and/or production.
• Minimum 2.1 in a relevant Bachelor degree
• Preferably a post graduate qualification in Quality management
• Hands-on with creative and practical approach to problem solving and the ability to translate problems into working solutions. Is logical & methodical and a proven ability to question others.
• Team player with natural leadership skills across functional areas, can create and motivate a cross-functional team
• Has the ability to lead and coach others in quality improvement techniques, including fault finding
• Impeccable communication and presentation skills – concise and information/insight focused
• Ability to work across multiple tasks methodically and efficiently, with good prioritisation
• Proactive approach to supporting the needs of a large multi-disciplinary development team
• Ability to understand and influence complex processes
• Able to influence others to realise win-win scenarios
• Innovative and proactive self-starter.
• Regular travel will be required between our production sites in Southampton and Rugby
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review and consideration and I will respond to you ASAP.