Head of Production
South East / Colchester
To direct the performance of the Production facility in line with business strategy and objectives specifically to meet monthly targets output and efficiency through others. Directly ensure a culture of continuous improvement such that the production facility, its people and processes improve against qualitative and quantitative targets quarter by quarter.
* To all manage the production activity including new and overhaul engine and part assembly, electrical, fabrication, test, machining, paint, production planning, stores, production engineering and facilities either directly or through others.
* To manage the three reports for the three different value streams – New engine build, Primeserv Business and Workshop services.
* To deliver against targets and budgets output on a monthly basis (primarily sales, margin, safety) and opetaional targets by quarter (primarily operational improvement, implementation of investments, process development). To deliver other unit and business level targets as required.
* To develop plans to increase capacity, reduce costs, reduce lead times, improve quality and best working practice. Gain approval, implement directly and through others against aggressive time targets.
* Control all costs against agreed budgets, provide forward visiblilty for cocts thst cannot be budgeted (berak downs, opportunity purchases, etc.) Approve all production spend in advance of commitment (money, overtime hours, etc.).
* Forecast, budget and manage operating utilization (capacity planning) in line with with ready to ship dates. As necessary utilse third party capacity (within budgets) to meet delivery dates.
* Ensure through others that inventory (where ever held) is controlled. Monitor stock levels to ensure availability to meet plan and (reasonably) unforeseen situations. Actively communicate material and stock issues both short and long term
* Qualified engineer with a diverse range of experience and able to hold a strong technical conversation.
* Capital equipment OEM background, diesel preferred but not essential.
* Worked at a variety of levels from shop floor to middle management.
* Pragmatic manufacturer with a knowledge of both traditional and modern manufacturing thinking, common sense approach to what works.
* Worked in a number of company environments, ideally SME and corporate.
* Knowledge of remanufacturing of complex equipment as well as new building a low volume/bespoke engineering environment .
* MRP knowledge.
* Done the journey with regarding to process creation and implementation not just incrementally improved existing tools.
* Logical thinker, process driven but can also step out from that to make decisions and achieve success
* Motivational manager, be able to balance influencing and dictatorship, lead by example.
* Prepared to roll their sleeves up.
* Financially aware of how factories work
* Experience of facility management including legal and regulatory aspects
* Results driven, ability to develop and retain key business, consultant and customer relationships
* Ability to liaise and communicate at all levels in the business
* Outgoing and motivated to connect with a wide range of different people
* Assertive, self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as within a team. Relentless.
* High attention to details required
* Able to priorities (and mitigate for what is not done)
* Strength of character to “break a few eggs“ as necessary. Challenge as necessary
* Able to cope with job pressure and stress (this is not an 08.00 to 18.00 role).
* Strong networker, engaging, well aware of the market and within MDT
* Sound interpersonal, presentation as well as intercultural skills and understanding
* Very good coordination, organized and communication skills in a highly dynamic environment
* Ability to uphold the highest ethical standards, high integrity
CV's to email@example.com