Head of Product Engineering - Electronic Systems
Cambridge (Hybrid flexible working)
Multimatic - Solving our customers’ problems through the know-how we embed in the products and services we sell.
Multimatic is a global automotive company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world. Its newly formed Cambridge (UK) based electronics division, Multimatic Electronic Systems (MES), will meet the growing needs of our automotive customers in electronics hardware and software control. Combining our new products with Multimatic’s existing expertise in suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, mechanisms and mechatronics will enable us to go to market with complete active suspension, active aero and powered door products to our customers in the future.
We are seeking a Head of Product Engineering to lead our engineering team to develop a range of automotive chassis control products for our customers. Reporting into the General Manager you will be leading a highly capable team of Software, Hardware and Functional Safety Engineers based in both Cambridge (UK) and Toronto (Canada). We need someone who can both lead these activities from the front, whilst also being happy to get involved in the detail. Most importantly we need someone who will embrace our culture – finding ways to say “yes”, supporting and developing our engineers, meeting all commitments, being flexible, embracing challenges and ensuring excellent customer service.
You would be joining this division at a great time – early enough to make your mark in the formation and creation, whilst also benefiting from the stability and security that our parent company provides.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Lead a multidisciplinary team of engineers to develop and maintain a range of automotive chassis control products for our customers.
* Manage the product development from concept phase through to end of life.
* Work with the leadership team to develop and set the strategic direction of our Division with a focus on platform based development.
* Working with the leadership team to grow our revenue from an expanded customer base.
* Be the senior technical representative to our internal and external customers – this would include leading technical design reviews, and building & maintaining senior and long-term relationships with our customers.
* Ensure all of our products are designed and developed to required automotive quality and other applicable standards including ISO:26262 and ASPICE.
* Working with the Head of Programmes to ensure projects are delivered on time, to budget, to agreed quality standards and ensuring excellent customer satisfaction.
* Working with the Head of Programmes to provide technical estimates and quotes for new projects.
* Developing and growing our engineering team to meet the expanding needs of our customers.
* Lead the selection and implementation of a standardised set of development tools across the Division.
Education and Experience:
* Degree in Electronics or Computer Science or equivalent.
* Experience leading an electronics product engineering team developing automotive control products.
* Understanding of software and electronics development processes for automotive or other safety critical systems development.
* Understanding of SPICE software quality standards, ideally Automotive SPICE (ASPICE).
* Understanding of ISO26262 Functional Safety aspects which relate to product development.
All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United Kingdom, (EU), hold a valid driver’s license, valid passport and be prepared to travel internationally when required.