17 days ago
Salary / Rate:
Head of Legislation & Certification
Iconic luxury British sports car manufacturer is searching for a Legislation & Certification Manager.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Regulations – Lead the acquisition, distribution and implementation of regulatory requirements in the design, performance and operation of company products.
Future regulations – Lead the monitoring & recording of regulatory changes, represent the company in regulatory change forums, digest and distribute regulatory change to the company ensuring strategy and planning activities accommodate future requirements in product plans.
Product Compliance – Lead the management and planning of product compliance activities, ensuring Type-approval and certification is demonstrated/delivered in accordance with programme plans.
Market Homologation – Lead the delivery of market homologation in accordance with programme plans and Sales targets.
Product Environmental Compliance – Lead the activities and systems that deliver and maintain product environment compliance.
Conformity of Production – Ensure that adequate controls and measures are employed to deliver Conformity of Production in accordance with the Certification requirements. Support Audit activities and Factory Inspections as required.
Processes and Procedure – Ensure that adequate procedures are created, maintained and followed that effectively & efficiently deliver product compliance, market homologation, conformity of production. Participate in the wider company processes and procedures where applicable.
Labels - Lead the delivery and maintenance of vehicle legislative labels and markings (component ownership including engineering release and the support of manufacturing process and label production).
- Degree (or equivalent) in an engineering/technical discipline.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of vehicle regulatory compliance and market homologation activities.
- Experience of effective planning and plan delivery including resource and budget planning.
- Experience of effective process and procedure authoring and implementation.
Skills & Abilities:
- Outstanding knowledge of motor vehicle systems and technology.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and confident communicator with the ability to clearly and accurately present information to all levels of the company.
- Logical and analytical thinking with the ability to explain and/or simplify complex technical/regulatory information and compliance strategies.
- Decision-making and problem-solving in an automotive compliance, homologation and engineering context.
- Work independently and without supervision and direct people and operations to provide a successful outcome and a cohesive team.
- Competent user of MS Office applications and the ability to learn and operate company specific IT systems.
- Full Driving License.