Leading science and advanced engineering business is seeking a proven Gas Propulsion Engineer or an individual with the proven skills to fulfil the responsibilities of the gas propelled gun engineering role.
My client is investigating inertial confinement fusion through hypervelocity impacts. Equipment includes a two-stage light gas gun, which is an important part of our experimental capability. We are expanding our current light gas gun capabilities by building a new facility and are looking for a candidate to take over the day to day running of this facility.
We believe this is an exciting and varied role operating some of the largest gas guns in Europe, interfacing with high-tech diagnostics and working with motivated, smart colleagues.
While being a specialist, you will also interact with other teams frequently and manage your own area.
Responsibilities will include:
• Operate the gas guns during daily usage. This will involve maintaining and firing both two-stage light gas guns.
• Develop the capabilities of the facility and assist in experimental campaigns.
• Participate in continuous improvement of the performance of the two-stage light gas gun.
Ideal proven skills
• Good mechanical engineering skills.
• Excellent health and safety awareness.
• Fast and effective problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrable ability to keep good records, documentation, and a high overall level of organisation
Nice to have skills:
• Experience with similar work at an experimental facility.
• Experience using pressurised gases, pneumatics, hydraulics and vacuum systems.
• Experience with laser safety systems and the use of lasers for diagnostics. You will be trained to use optics and align them for experiments.
• Knowledge of computerised control systems such as Labview. Training will be provided on the systems we use.
• Experience with logic gate circuits for control and safety systems. Leading Advanced Engineering and Science Research business is seeking a proven Gun Technician (Gas propulsion).