Dedicating ourselves to the development and refinement of electric vehicle performance. Due to unprecedented growth, we are now looking for several Group Leaders within our newly created global unit, Software and Electronics. Your broad automotive experience within the following areas would be invaluable to us both in concept work and when working with current designs for increased customer satisfaction:
- Core System Platform
- Central computing platforms (experience with QNX)
- E/E Architecture / Solution Architect
- Network Design
- System Design
- Software Development incl Tools and processes
- Interior and Exterior Electronics
If you are an innovative, open-minded person who believes that electrification is the future of the auto industry, we would like to hear from you.
Software and Electronics is a new global unit within R&D. Our mission is to deliver a class leading E/E platform, with an extensive feature set, offering Pure, Progressive, Performance, to provide a Customer Experience that exceeds their expectations. The Group Leaders will support the Head of Software and Electronics to define and build this new unit, create relevant departments and sub-teams to secure that the new unit can perform and support the other units within R&D to deliver this mission. You will provide the overall vision and lay out the path for the future of Software and Electronics. You will lead several teams of multi-disciplined engineers responsible for the engineering, development and integration of Electrical Systems into the overall vehicle architecture for all Polestar vehicles.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Successfully deliver the Electrical Systems in your domain for multiple programmes, on time and to meet or exceed cost, weight, and quality targets
- Support the Head of SW&E to define the vision, goals, and expectations for the future of Software and Electronics
- Build and develop teams and sub teams
- Support and coach team members to evolve and grow in their roles
- Define methods, tools, and processes to ensure maximum efficiency
- Secure necessary resources
- Develop future strategies and technology roadmaps
- To act as the company ambassador for your domain
Essentially, you will be a guiding star; you will help spearhead the transformation of in-house Software and Electronics, keeping an eye on future electric vehicle development needs with a focus on Sustainability to ensure is striving for an exceptional, class leading, customer experience.
Who you are
You have a strong wish to create the future of electric vehicles – it’s probably fair to call you an EV nerd. You are enthusiastic, motivated, well-organized and driven. You’re not afraid to try new approaches and unconventional methods, and you work well both individually and with leading teams. You have a holistic view, including vision, business, and customers.
You will have several years’ experience in a senior leadership position in a related field.
You will be leading a cross-functional and international team, with English as a natural language for written and spoken communication.
Personal fit will be of great importance in this recruitment, as we are actively working to build a team with diverse experience, gender and background.