We’re looking for a Software Engineer who can get involved with specifying, designing, implementing and verifying new controls and software for new applications, new customers, or new products.
This would suit a SW Engineer who has 2-3 years experience, who has enthusiasm and personality as these are as important as the technical skills.
• Prepare specifications for new products or new applications.
• Design, code and test software written in “C” to implement previously agreed specifications.
• Specify and carry out qualification tests of new applications and / or features.
• Assist with building and commissioning prototype systems
• Create and maintain wiring diagrams
• Create and maintain documentation.
• Assist production and customer service with resolving problems when required.
• Project and ad hoc duties as required by Management.
KEY BACKGROUND, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• B.Eng. or M.Eng. (2:1 minimum from a leading University) in a relevant subject including some software content.
• Some relevant industrial experience preferred
• Able to write detailed specifications (including system block diagrams) based on verbal briefing from internal and / or external customers.
• Some knowledge of designing, coding and testing software for embedded applications written in C.
• Able to understand in detail electronic circuit diagrams and wiring diagrams.
• Able to use standard Electronics instrumentation, e.g. scopes, multimeters etc to follow a signal through the circuit to confirm correct operation of software and diagnose problems.
• Able to specify, source and integrate any additional equipment or instrumentation that may be required to fulfil the specification.
• Able to write clear, concise, technical reports in good English incorporating graphs and photos. Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Good general Engineering background.
• Must be able to travel internationally occasionally.
• Must have driving licence.
• Power electronics experience is desirable, as is experience with controls such as CANBUS or MODBUS