This opportunity would suit a Graduate who is keen to work in an SME environment, yet receive the backing of a global corporate. The company is a world leader in design & manufacture of connectivity, motion control and power electronics products, servicing the aerospace, defence and industrial markets.
With revenues in the £15-20m range and circa 120 employees, we are now looking for a Production Engineer who can prepare and provide equipment, processes and clear concise product manufacturing documentation to enable this company to manufacture its chosen products within acceptable time scales, quality standards and cost.
In addition you’ll be responsible for specifying and recommending the purchase of capital equipment to the value of £100K, and for optimising cost of manufacturing by improving processes and working with Design Engineers.
You’ll have unlimited scope for initiative and creativity when implementing Manufacturing packages, process and line layout. You’ll be using lean tools and techniques, identifying and implementing projects that continually improve the operational performance of the business.
To apply for this position you should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Sound understanding of current manufacturing techniques
• An interest in Production Engineer within the Electronics Industry
• Degree in Electronics Engineering or something similar
• Ability to communicate on all levels.
• A desire to learn about Lean manufacturing
• Ability to create drawings to BS 308 standard
• Knowledge of SMT equipment Mydata, DEK printers reflow and AOI equipment
This would suit a Graduate with a bit of energy, who is assertive, self-motivated and can effect change.
• Bonus scheme
• Company Pension Scheme
• Private Health Insurance for family
• 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• Free parking
• 37.5 hour working week over 4.5 days
**Due to the nature of this role, only candidates eligible to obtain Security Clearance can be considered**