Our client based in Alton is looking to expand their Engineering team by recruiting two graduate electronic engineers, joining their R&D team for new product hardware and embedded software design.
These roles would suit a Degree qualified Electronics Engineer with embedded systems design experience, electronics hardware design and software experience of small microprocessors and microcontrollers from University of perhaps a work placement.
This could be a fresh electronics engineering graduate or an Engineer with some industry experience whom is looking for a new role.
• Working in a small team and reporting directly to the Technical & Operations Director, the Design Engineers will be responsible for all elements of the design process from concept through to production.
• They will be responsible for new product electronic hardware and embedded software design, development and implementation to meet the requirements of BS, EN and ISO standards. This includes management and control of product development projects and, where appropriate, the managing of any sub-contract design.
• They will require a detailed and critical approach to current work practices and a commitment to observe the company’s strict Health & Safety and Quality Management Systems
• New product research, design, development, testing and production handover.
• Electronic hardware and software design.
• Control and specifications for PCB layout design and liaise with mechanical aspects.
• Project management of all design projects including management of sub-contract design where appropriate.
• Product testing to meet requirements of BS, EN and ISO standards.
• Production handover for new design products.
• Liaise with component suppliers; maintain up-to-date device and component knowledge.
• Selection and use of Hardware and Software design tools and equipment.
• Feasibility studies of new and emerging technologies appropriate to product markets.