8 months ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive + benefits
Our F1 client are seeking a General Engineering / Proprietary Buyer to join their operations department.
The main purpose of the role is to control and support the supply chain and purchasing process to deliver tooling for a new build programme, as well as Engineering consumables and general products.
• Purchasing in support of all programmes with a particular focus on consumables, precision engineering, assemblies and tooling based on the project plans.
• Development of the supply chain, focusing on reducing lead-time, increasing agility and delivery performance and ensuring all specifications and quality standards are met.
• Representation of the company and presentation of a professional and dynamic approach, when dealing with current and any future suppliers
• Interaction and communication with all of the key stakeholders and project team.
• Reporting any delivery exceptions to relevant person or department in a timely manner to manage expectations
• Development, creation and maintenance of purchase orders.
• Develop new accounts particularly for the purchase of proprietary products
Negotiate with suppliers, manage their performance and ensure supplier due date adherence.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Previous experience of purchasing both general and Engineering Proprietary parts, fasteners, bearings, electronic items and consumables, etc.
• Experience in precision engineering and manufacture is required – manufacturing knowledge of machined components for tooling, rigs, jigs and ability to read Engineering Drawings.
• Motorsport or high precision engineering industry experience would be an advantage.
• Procurement or related discipline professional training and/or certification (CIPS) would be an advantage.
• Experience of Microsoft AX or similar MRP/ERP system.
• An adept communicator, be able to build good relationships across all cultures both internally and externally
• Fluency in spoken & written English is essential. Competence in Japanese or another European language is desirable