Functional Safety Engineer
Our Automotive Client based in Warwickshire is seeking a Functional Safety Engineer with experience of delivering technical safety requirements / HARA, with approx 3-5 years’ experience who could work under the guidance of their FuSa expert.
The company works with a variety of customers who have various levels of maturity regarding ISO 26262 and ASPICE.
The functional safety engineer will work with the customers to both assist and provide functional safety work products and processes following ISO 26262. In many cases the customer will be an OEM level buying in systems from suppliers. There will be other occasions the customer will be developing a product whereby they require system, hardware and software safety work products.
The role will therefore vary according to the customer, their safety maturity and whether they are sourcing or creating items.
• It may involve both the production of safety work products and work product planning. For some customers, it may be developing and instigating usable functional safety procedures and practices. If a customer is weak at the systems level additional support may be required to help them have enough general systems design and documentation to support functional safety.
• In other cases, we may be in an auditor / review role. Both auditing a company’s safety culture and processes, as well as providing confirmation reviews.
Sensitivity to customers who are not experienced in functional safety, and a pragmatic approach to achieving a safe product is required.
The responsibilities of this position will include, but not be limited to:
• Work with customer requirements and deliver functional safety work products.
• Perform system level design analyses.
• Comply with processes that deliver a robust and configuration controlled working environment for functional safety development.
• Assess customer functional safety processes and advise on or create improvements as required.
• Develop safety test strategies and plans as required.
• Support the compilation of safety case documentation.
Requirements of the position are:
• Strong hands on, “can do” EE engineering skills.
• Ability to learn fast and to quickly pick up new skills and engineering concepts.
• Ability to effectively operate and communicate in a multi-cultural environment.
• Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
• Demonstrable organized and methodical approach to engineering solutions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Technical attributes
• Minimum 3 years of experience in functional safety. Powertrain electrification experience a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering (or related professional accreditation).
• Familiarity with automotive (OEM) specifications and standards.
• Knowledge of system integration and control system development.
• Detailed familiarity with ISO26262.
• A working knowledge of ASPICE.
• Perform safety management activities to relevant standards during all project phases including HV electrical safety, preliminary hazard analysis, S/DFMEA, qualitative and quantitative fault tree analysis.
• Support generation and execution of safety DV plans.
• Ensure effective communication, containment and action plans with regards to safety related issues.
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review and consideration.