Littlehampton, West Sussex
Our client is a global leader in motion and control technologies covering a range of diversified industrial and aerospace markets. They are seeking a Firmware Engineer with an instrumentation background with New Product Development experience.
Working both autonomously and collaboratively within a Research and Development environment. An experienced firmware engineer familiar with an instrumentation background. Posseses an ability to further research activities, and offer a holistic approach to the successful conception, development and implementation of new products (NPD). The support of legacy product is also required delivering high technical standards.
This work will support the Business Units portfolio of condition monitoring equipment within a wide range of industries including marine and industrial applications.
• Firmware development and programming of microprocessors – typically in C.
• New Product Development and introduction projects.
• Responsible for product technical content.
• Support/improvement of current product range including engineering changes (sustaining products).Customer interfacing at high technical levels to understand needs and opportunities.
• Detail design of New Product and Technologies as part of NPD/NPD.
• Development of firmware for embedded devices
• NPD / VOC project team member.
• Assisting transition from Research into Development, including prototyping.
• Responsible for appropriate NPD/NPI manufacturing documentation.
• Compliance with Legislation Relevant to Products (CE compliance of products).
• FMEA creation and maintenance in relation to New products for design robustness.
• Maintain legacy products including updates and improvements to maintain end extend product life span.
• Continuous improvements with regard to quality & efficiency of product offering.
• Education: Degree in relevant (Physics/Electronic/Microelectronics/Computing Engineering) discipline and substantial technical background.
• Significant experience working in instrumentation development.
• Embedded firmware development using C and assembler.
• Experience with Microchip PIC family of processors.
• Experience using various communication protocols (Modbus, Profibus, UDP/IP etc.)
• Experience writing code using various communication busses (CAN, RS232, RS422, I2C, SPI, Ethernet etc.)
• Can-do attitude and flexibility. Previous hands-on experience of electro-mechanical applications/controls engineering is highly desirable.
• Troubleshooting, Problem Solving and analytical skills.
• Strong communicator.
• Capable of working within a multi-disciplined team and managing projects under time constraints
• Scientific or engineering Background.
• Source control
• Software development of applications for PC and mobile devices
• Design of electronic systems, implementing both the hardware and software (Embedded and PC).
• Internet of Things (IoT) development work.
• Analogue and Digital Electronics hardware design.
• Familiar with PLCs and HMIs. RS485/Modbus/CAN.
• Customer facing experience.
• Vision with the ability to see the bigger picture and model the way forward.
For full details and to apply for the role please send me an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review along with a contact number for you.