Embedded Software / Firmware Engineer - C & C++
Our Automotive Manufacturing client based in Leeds in Yorkshire is looking to expand their Engineering department by recruiting a new Embedded Software / Firmware Engineer with good experience in C and C++.
This role would suit a software engineering graduate seekign their first full time role or a graduate with a a year or two's work experience either from a work placement or some industry experience seeking a new challenge.
Working within a small Engineering team to design, develop embedded firmware code for key products in the companies range
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the full code lifecycle, including requirements, design, Implementation and test of key enhancement as required
• Advance the concept design into a product ready for manufacture
• Thorough testing of both hardware and firmware at development stages (with hardware support from other engineers)
• Run multiple tasks/projects in parallel (switching to the highest priority task as and when required)
• C and C++ programming language
• Experience of working with PIC mircrocontrollers (8, 16, 32 bit) using MPLABX IDE and XC compilers
• Experience of working with ARM (NXP) and ATMEL Microcontrollers
• Knowledge of schematic design
• Dedicated, hard-working and well organised with a quality focus to achieve the assigned targets
• A positive ‘can-do’ attitude towards addressing assigned issues and projects
• Capable of delivering results under pressure to strict deadlines
• Good development, documentation, release and revision management skill
• Experience of using Altium for schematic and PCB design
• Experience of working with standard industrial network protocols over two wire interface as well as Ethernet
• Comfortable writing drivers for SPI, UART, I2C, CAN
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV to us.