I am currently looking to recruit a Finance Business Partner for our Motorsport client. This is fantastic opportunity to work in a technical and challenging environment, offering you the chance to build a sustainable finance business partnering philosophy and methodology. I am looking for someone who is strong on understanding budgets, and has the ability to build budgets in detail. You will have ideally worked in an Engineering environment, such as Motorsport, Automotive or Aerospace as you will be required to spend time with Engineering, Programme Management, and Operations teams to understand what is going on in the business. In addition, you will require previous experience of working with ERP systems.
We are seeking a Finance BP to work within the Finance team and partner all areas of the organisation in controlling, planning, and providing transparency of operating cost, investment, and headcount. Development of processes and policies will be a significant part of the role, which will also involve implementation. Our client requires someone who has a lot of initiative and energy, and the ability to drive change when required. You will need to be strong minded and have the ability to push back occasionally on Engineering requests.
Our client is paying a competitive salary + benefits package including company car.
• Understanding engineering development and operations programmes, including cost drivers.
• Working closely with stakeholders within Engineering and Programme Management.
• Creating material cost budgets in collaboration with Engineering and Programme Management.
• Reporting actual and forecast spend of development and racing programmes in a timely, accurate and transparent manner.
• Lead cost down initiatives, including: BoM cost reductions, parts efficiencies, and identifying areas within the programmes to reduce cost.
• Ensure adequate controls are in place, and support stakeholders in the achievement of financial targets.
Headcount and Payroll & Benefits:
• Working closely with stakeholders including department managers and HR to understand headcount levels and structure.
• Controlling headcount by ensuring adequate controls are in place and are followed, and support stakeholders in the achievement of headcount and financial targets.
• Creating headcount and payroll & benefits budgets and targets by department.
• Reporting actuals and forecast for headcount and payroll & benefits in a timely, accurate and transparent manner.
• Understanding activity within the cost centres by working closely with cost centre managers, including the effect of power unit development programmes, major investment projects, and non-engineering projects, such as IT.
• Ensuring adequate controls are in place to achieve budgetary targets, including influencing stakeholders such as Purchasing and cost centre managers.
• Reporting actuals and forecasts in a timely, accurate and transparent manner.
• Facilitate regular cost centre reviews with cost centre managers to support them in the achievement of financial targets.
• Creation of budgets in collaboration with cost centre managers.
Investment & Depreciation:
• Understand the projects being undertaken in order to support the development and racing programmes in a business which is investment heavy.
• Reporting actuals and forecasts, which will involve the re-cutting of investment forecasts on a regular basis due to the fast paced nature of the business, whilst still delivering budgetary compliance.
• Creation of investment budgets in collaboration with department heads.
• Working closely with Accounting on liquidity requirements of the business in light of large investment projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• CCAB qualified – preferably CIMA
• Solid previous experience of working in an a fast paced engineering or operations business, ideally motorsport, automotive or aerospace.
• Excellent, pragmatic problem solving skills.
• A collaborative working style, with the ability to understand and empathise with the business challenges, whilst at the same time deliver financial and budgetary compliance.
• Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
• Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills, including presentation of complex financial matters to senior non-financial stakeholders, some of which will be Japanese ex-pats.
• Preparing budgets and forecasts.
• Working with and developing an ERP system in order to provide a high level of timely and accurate transparency and control.