Our client is an advanced materials technology company, specialising in the design, development test and manufacture of metal matrix composite components for aerospace, high-end niche automotive, defence, industrial process and high-end consumer applications.
If you're looking for a new challenge to make a positive impact in growing company, look no further...
Our client is looking for a confident and experienced Finance Accountant that can restructure the current finance team, review current systems and processes and implement new to develop and improve the structure. You will work closely with the senior management team to guide and provide quality value add management information to enable more informed decision making and to ensure alignment to the overall strategy.
You will ensure appropriate control whilst improving cash flow management/ forecasting, project planning information and budgeting & forecasting information.
You must be a Qualified ACCA/CIMA or ACA accountant holding at least 10 years’ experience.
This is an excellent opportunity if you’re looking for a part time and flexible role.
- Owning the delivery of accurate, value added monthly management accounts.
- Responsible for timely and accurate month end closing procedures , production of P&L , Balance Sheet , Cash Flow , Aged debtors.
- Ongoing, regular reconciliation of ledgers including bank, cash, credit card, balance sheet
- Production of weekly project status report; support project forecasting, reporting and accounting
- Business partnering on key projects to ensure accurate and timely reporting comparing actual to project budget and regular updated forecasts (AMCCAE, NCM, Ford & Safran)
- Ownership and management of banking relationships
- Regular review of Fixed Asset register to ensure all capital expenditure is accurately recorded and reflect fair value .
- Monthly salary journals (including pension, salary sacrifice calculations), ensure prompt salary payments
- VAT reconciliation reporting and liaison with HMRC on VAT quarterly
- Ownership of R&D Tax Credit process including submission of annual claim.
- Develop and improve systems and controls identifying opportunities for automation to reduce manual processes
- Lead annual budget and ongoing forecast process and provide financial input and modelling to longer term strategic business plans