Our Motorsport client are seeking a Structures Engineer. You will be involved in supporting all aspects of structural designing, which involves the use of linear elastic finite element models and composite laminate structures. This includes the FEA analysis of the enclosure design and both composite and metallic race parts.
• Verifying the structured models and validating its representation of structural behaviour of ESS pack
• Determining the internal stress and extract interface load of the models, especially near the structural joints
• Monitoring other engineering activities and providing technical solution based on analysis results for developing an optimal design.
• Finding the best analytical methods and engineering tools for FEA and establishing the new simulation environment
• Liaising with other technical groups, including electronics and suppliers
• Reporting of results in a clear, concise and structured manner
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Strong Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Metallic and Composite component structure, stress, fatigue analysis experience
• Familiar with Catia V5, previous experience of Abaqus and Isight preferable
• Good knowledge of ESS parts design
• Previous ESS experience would be beneficial
• PC literate