Great opportunity for a FEA Engineer who can perform structural analysis work for internal & customer projects. This will be working on cross-sectional analysis composite piping as well as participating in the development of numerical or analytical models to predict the products structural performance. You’ll be asked to improve the companies understanding of modelling accuracy by correlating models to measurements taken from testing, as well as perform global analysis of subsea systems that use this product as a component within them.
- Developing analytical and numerical tools to predict non-linear composite structural performance at high strain levels.
- Interpreting test data and using this information to improve modelling techniques.
- Using analysis to develop solutions for an industry (Oil & Gas) that is typically unfamiliar with composite materials.
Job Knowledge & Experience
- Education – Batchelor’s or Ph.D. in relevant engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of the design and analysis of composites structures
- Knowledge of structural analysis techniques (FEA)
- Good report writing skills
- Programming experience in Fortran, MATLAB, VBA or similar languages (desirable)
- Subsea engineering experience (desirable).
- Energy and enthusiasm for tackling challenging engineering problems, team player, good communication skills.
- Bonus – up to 10%
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Health Insurance for family
- 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
- Free parking