Our client is an Automotive and Motorsport consultancy that is a leading Global supplier of Engineering Components, Systems and services to major Race Teams, OEMs and a growing number of niche vehicle manufacturers.
Specialties include suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, carbon fibre structural components, mechanisms and mechatronics.
The Structures Analysis Engineer will be responsible for carrying out all phases of assigned analysis (Nonlinear Static) projects; High-end Motorsport, OEM and Full Vehicle.
This will involve finite element modelling, results review, hand calculations and report preparation to support our divisions and outside customers. The engineer will work closely with other members of the team, including other analysis engineers, design engineers, manufacturing personnel and customers.
- Lead analysis projects from start to finish
- Create finite element models from CAD data using HyperMesh pre-processing software
- Set up models to run with ABAQUS and LS-DYNA finite element solvers
- Perform kinematics and dynamic simulations using ADAMS
- Verify analysis predictions with simplified models and hand calculations (where applicable)
- Correlate analysis predictions with test results
- Prepare technical reports
- Present results internally and externally, and support customer meetings
- Work closely with the design department or outside customer to solve structural design issues
- Strong Automotive / Motorsport analysis background - Minimum 4 + years
- Experience with HyperWorks, ABAQUS and/or LS-DYNA (exposure to Nastran, nCode or other solvers is also useful)
- Must be able to demonstrate advanced problem solving skills, such as correlation studies, technical investigations and displaying a reasonable depth of understanding in the specific technical problems with which he/she has been involved
- Experience with finite element analysis (FEA) and its application to the analysis of mechanical systems
- Strong engineering aptitude with a capacity for conceptualisation and relating to the functional requirements of mechanical components
If you're passionate and enthusiastic this could be the next opportunity for you! Why not join a business that can offer new skills, development and career advancement, not to mention working on some of the most exciting and diverse projects in the industry.