Excellent engineering business developing advanced engineering components for the automotive sector is seeking a proven Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Technician who could develop their skills to take-on the Facilities Technician/ Engineering Maintenance Technician role. You will join the Powertrain Engineering team located at Engineering Centre in Coventry and play a key role maintaining the day-to-day running of Engine Test Rigs, and Returned Parts Analysis.
• Day to day running of Diesel Test Rigs, and Returned Parts Analysis. This will include:
• Installation and set-up of components and instrumentation for test and measurement
• Completion of tests or measurements, including creating automated test scripts where needed, plus basic results checking / analysis where needed and reporting of results.
• Liaison with customers (internal Engineering staff) and suppliers (GA Dept., and external contractors / suppliers).
• Basic maintenance, fault finding, & problem solving of relevant equipment.
• H&S and Environmental compliance aspects, as relevant.
• Close working with other test staff to develop consistent methods and processes.
• Supporting work for introduction of new test rigs if/when required, to expand DSUK testing capability.
• The technician will also be expected to support other areas of Facilities section as needed during busy periods, and to provide holiday / sickness cover.
• Apprenticeship, HNC or equivalent in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering.
• Good mechanical fitting skills i.e. assembly of bespoke, sensitive components and test systems.
• It would be beneficial to have some understanding and knowledge regarding operation of fuel supply systems for diesel and/or gasoline engines.
• Performance testing and development on engines, or vehicles – to include the design, fabrication, and installation of unique test parts and instrumentation in a prototype environment.
• Preparation of systems / components for test, including installation and set-up of associated systems and instrumentation.
• Willing to do overtime when required.