Are you an experienced Facilities Technician looking for a new position?
I am currently seeking a Facilities Technician with a bias towards instrumentation. You will provide electrical / electronic systems support to the Build and Test department. This could involve building, commissioning, maintaining, fault finding, repairing and calibrating instrumentation and control systems within the engine test cell/chambers as well as vehicle test areas.
Our client specialises in the design, development and manufacture of internal combustion engines and hybrid powertrain systems.
• Primarily dealing with Breakdowns & set-up work to powertrain test cells & chambers.
• Electronic, electrical, & electro-mechanical repair & maintenance
• Build & install test cell equipment and produce appropriate documentation of process if required
• Preventative maintenance of B&T – Facilities owned equipment
• Asset recording and allocation
• Calibration of sensors & equipment
• Support when required Facility Engineers in the upgrade of test facility.
• Ideally a recognised qualification in facilities/electrical/electronic engineering or similar and/or demonstrated comparable industry experience.
Skills and Experience
o Experience and good broad knowledge of electrical and electronic instrumentation and electromechanical equipment.
o Ability to read electrical/electronic schematics
o Good problem solving / route cause analysis skills.
o Ability to perform simple manual operations such as drilling and sawing, e.g. for electronic enclosure assembly / modification.
o Experience working in a powertrain test environment
o Experience of working with mains voltages (dyno drives)
o Knowledge and experience of large motors and drive systems.
o Experience with PC’s, networks & I.T systems.