Are you an experienced Facilities Technician looking for a new position?
I am currently seeking a Facilities Technician with a bias towards electromechanical. You will provide electromechanical support to the Build and Test department, ensuring the systems used within the test facilities are appropriate for each requirement. This could entail building, commissioning, maintaining, fault finding, repairing, procurement, installation and commissioning of equipment.
Our client specialises in the design, development and manufacture of internal combustion engines and hybrid powertrain systems, and provide a fast paced and challenging environment.
• Dealing with Breakdowns & set-up work to powertrain test cells & chambers
• Electromechanically biased repair & maintenance
• Liaise with internal/external customers ensuring specification is fit for purpose
• Build & install test cell equipment & systems and produce appropriate documentation
• Preventative maintenance of B&T – Facilities owned equipment
• Asset recording and allocation
• Support the specification, design, installation and commissioning of new facilities equipment
• Ideally a recognised qualification in mechanical/facilities engineering or similar and/or demonstrated comparable industry experience.
Skills and Experience
o Experience and good broad knowledge of mechanical & facility systems and equipment
o Ability to read mechanical & electrical drawings & schematics
o Excellent mechanical fitting and construction skills
o Good problem solving and logical approach.
o Ability to perform manual operations such as drilling, sawing & fixing.
o Experience working in a powertrain test environment
o Experience of working with dynos
o Knowledge and experience of large motors and drive systems.