|Job Title:||Facilities Manager|
|Salary:||£50,000 - £55,000|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Feist|
|Job Published:||April 17, 2018 11:15|
As the facilities manager you will be responsible for the strategic planning and operational delivery of all of the companies Southampton site infrastructure including buildings, plant and site.
You will manage and continuously improve the services and processes supporting the business ensuring compliance to all current Health and Safety and Environmental legislation.
You will drive best practice through your team (currently 2 direct reports) to improve efficiency, reduce operating costs and ensure high levels of service across the site.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• To have full responsibility for day to day facilities management including out of hours supervision and call outs.
• To line manage the facilities team driving performance through clear leadership, goal and task setting and review.
• To have control of all facilities services and specialist sub contractors (Cleaning, security, Waste) to provide a centralized FM service to the entire business. This also includes the management of gas supplies (N2 and H2o) liaising with suppliers to ensure continuity of supply.
• Plan, develop and implement strategies to support current and future business requirements.
• Manage all relevant contractors and suppliers ensuring that standards and SLAs are met and that works are carried out to the highest standard, comply with current legislation and cause no unnecessary disruption.
• Planning and co ordinating all installations and refurbishments as well as managing upgrades or repairs as required.
• To review and improve current processes and establish formal management and reporting systems for the function.
• To have direct responsibility for Health, Safety and environmental compliance (ESOS, ISO14001 and ISO 50001) within the function working closely with the H&S Manager to develop, implement and maintain all necessary H&S systems, procedures and practices
• Primary Interface with neighbours and local authorities.
• Proven experience of Facilities Management including the management of third party contractors and site service providers.
• Ability to work at both a strategic and operational level
• Well versed in Technical/Engineering Operations and Facilities Management Best Practice
• Project Management of Large Capital Projects requiring cross function liaisons
• H&S knowledge and previous experience at both a shop-floor and policy level with a good understanding of Risk Management
• Knowledge of basic accounting and Finance Principles
• BSc/BA in Facility Management, Engineering or relevant field
• IOSH or NEBOSH and BIFM qualifications/membership ideally
• Project Management qualification would be an advantage
• Strong leadership skills with a proactive, hands on approach.
• Enjoy working in a dynamic environment and adaptable to changes in priority.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels of the business.
• Driven, self motivated and continually strives for excellence.
• Well organized, analytical and structured approach to problem solving.
• Ability to work independently and prioritise workload
• Has an eye for detail
To apply for this role please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's