Our client are experts in ride & handling for heavy duty vehicles, and due to continued expansion including some exciting projects on Electric and Hybrid technology, they are looking to hire an experienced EV Powertrain Engineer to join their team.
You will form part of the core technical team working on internal and client projects on all aspects of EV powertrain system design and integration.
• Taking the lead on the design and specification of EV powertrains (motors, inverters, batteries, thermal management systems, gearbox etc.).
• Designing, developing and validating control systems for EV powertrains.
• Development, integration and testing of these systems on prototype vehicles.
• Working with EV powertrain key suppliers and partners.
• Working with Multi-Functional Teams to deliver projects on time and on budget.
• Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Systems Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering.
• Minimum of three years of relevant vehicle development experience.
• Fundamental knowledge of high-performance electrical motor systems and control methods.
• Knowledge of automotive communications (CAN, FlexRay, LIN, Ethernet) and application tools (Vector, ETAS).
• Expertise in MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, CANalyzer or similar required.
• Experience with Multiphysics based modelling of electric powertrains.