Honda Racing Development are seeking an ERS Technician to join the business on a permanent basis based in Milton Keynes. The purpose of this role is Race operation as Energy Recovery System technician at factory, to support power unit development on F1 Engines. There may be some trackside activity but this is predominantly a factory based role.
• Energy Recovery System technician at Factory.
• ERS unit and Peripheral parts installation and removal, maintenance, storage, management.
• High-voltage safety monitoring : actual units validation, data monitoring, status report
• Dyno test preparation and test.
• ERS unit install and removal and system check for Dyno test.
• Support for engines preparation checks and final fitting of new or used parts, component sub-assembly or final assembly, as well as teardown, inspection and measuring components of used engines at factory
• Assist to maintain Race and track engines at track side.
• Shipping & Receiving engine and components.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Strong Energy Recovery System (ERS) exposure
• Good understanding of engine and powertrain Dyno’s and test systems, in particular:
• Engine & ERS testing methodologies
• Fault finding and diagnostic abilities
• First principles understanding of Internal Combustion engine operation, combustion.
• Excellent document presentational skills
• An adept communicator, be able to build good relationships across all cultures both internally and externally
• Competence in Japanese or a European language is desirable but not essential
• Travel overseas will be required