Ergonomist - Senior / Lead
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Gerrell & Hard Ltd are proud to be working in partnership with a client who encourages employees to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. They are creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic.
This role sits within the HMI team of our automotive interiors function.
• Manage a team into innovative UX concepts
• Effectively communicate concepts and ideas
• Understand and dictate control and feedback requirements
• Manage concepts with design and engineering teams as well as senior management
• Define Specification of solutions to suit the requirements of electronics – Interior – Exterior teams.
• Play a leading role in developing systems for next generation products.
• Develop product feature lists and user cases to make rationalised design decisions.
• Collaborate to construct user trials to evaluate design feasibility and analyse and present results.
• Create and own HMI Ergonomics specs and requirements documentation through to production.
• You will be responsible for Developing and agreeing concepts with design teams and will report on key management status and possible improvements.
• Bachelor degree in Ergonomics, Design or Human Factor (or related field)
• 5 + years Automotive experience - supporting 2 or more OEM vehicle programmes from concept to production.
• Experience with Ergonomics Testing, prototyping and mockup tools.
• Good visual communication skills, drawing, sketching etc.
• Creative and methodical problem solving skills.
• A good working knowledge of MS Office.
• Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion visually and in writing / verbally.
• Be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
• Self-starter - ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach and a can-do attitude Excellent team-working skills.
• Experience in HMI (Human Machine Interaction).
CV's to email@example.com