28 days ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive + benefits
Our Global Automotive OEM client are seeking an Engineering Section Manager, Powertrain. Reporting to the Department Manager for European Automobile Quality, your role will be to manage a team of engineers responsible for the provision of market quality Engineering Analysis to assist with Mass production and Aftersales quality improvement activities.
• Manage a team of two engineers on a day to day basis for all Powertrain (engine and transmission) Quality investigations.
• Provide detailed Technical analysis (Reports) information to support countermeasure progression.
• Quality Report approval, administration and KPI target reporting.
• Liaise with HQ, all overseas factories and supplier for Quality related investigations.
• Engineering representative at European Priority investigation meetings.
• Ensure analysis is progressed and the responsible area is identified in a timely manner according to the departmental Targets.
• Propose market treatment information Service Bulletin (repair method).
• Coordinate analysis of Design side Quality Reports with UK Research & Development section.
• Coordinate on the spot visits to European HQ & Dealers for Quality related issues.
Qualifications, skills and experience required/desirable:
• Demonstrate people management skills that complement business philosophy and core management principles and values.
• Strong understanding of vehicle powertrain systems is mandatory.
• Target driven & time orientated individual.
• Computer literate and proficient in MS Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Engineering Qualification or equivalent time served experience in similar role.
• Customer focussed & able to present highly technical information accurately.
• Willing to travel to dealers and European HQ within Europe.
• Full Driving License is essential for the role.
This company offers excellent benefits, flexible start and finish times and while there is no contractual right to work from home, the flexibility they offer is that you can request to work from home for a maximum of 50% of the working days in any one month, providing there is no business requirement to attend the office.