Exciting start-up is seeking an Engineering Project Manager who has previous experience in a motorsport or bespoke environment.
My client is a fast moving start up, and a ‘can do’ attitude is essential. You’ll report into the CEO, but will work across the whole business ensuring multiple projects are delivered on time, cost and spec.
The day-to-day responsibilities:
• Supporting the CEO and making sure everything happens as and when it supposed to. He will rely on you to balance the competing priorities of multiple projects and make sure they are delivered on time and cost.
• Supporting the Engineering & Manufacturing team to manage and deliver multiple projects.
• You will be self-organising and self-motivating. You will be the backstop to make sure everything happens when it needs to.
• You actively look for problems and potential issues before they happen.
• You will work across the business, on all stages of a project. From the initial brief and timelines, to the design phase, the move to manufacturing and finally setting up for production.
• You will be hands on and will actively try and reduce the amount of administration / paperwork in the business.
What you bring to the table:
• A proven track record in project management, ideally within a niche, low volume or motorsport vehicle manufacturing environment. Keeping projects on time and on budget.
• An understanding of the key stages associated with vehicle design, development and manufacture.
• Skilled at ensuring project requirements are met.
• A broad understanding of the manufacturing techniques used in the automotive & motorsport sector.
• Some engineering knowledge and the ability to cover many bases.
• Huge attention to detail making sure nothing falls between the gaps.
• Flexibility to re-plan as priorities change. Lateral thinking.
• A proactive attitude, always looking for opportunities to improve process and the efficiency of the company.