Engineering Project Manager
To Project Manage high value Customer projects for new engine orders
• To be responsible for a project/s from pre going firm on an offer all the way through to the end of the project/s warranty period. Cradle to grave interacting with all departments internally and externally with the customer.
• To Assess, review and interpret the project requirements to ensure clarity of the scope of supply and that the sales bid matches this and engineering can deliver the technical solution and operations and supply chain can deliver on time and on cost.
• To Development and manage of the overall project plan for selected contracts, coordinating key inputs from various functional teams within the business, ensuring quality, cost, margin and delivery targets and responsibilities are understood and accepted. Highlighting milestones and the deliverables at each milestone.
• To work within the copmpany gated project process to ensure all risks are minimised.
• Define on projects the roles and responsibilities both externally and internally.
• Prepare weekly and monthly project status reports & presented
• Set and monitor suitable KPIs to ensure projects meet requirements or issues flagged in advance in order to mitigate deviations.
• To be ’commercially aware’ and identify the requirement for variation orders – complete costings, obtain sign-off (internal/external) and progress orders through customer’s processes.
• To be the primary point of contact for customer problems and questions including warranty call-outs in and out of core hours.
• To maintain good working internal relations through effective communications at all levels within MDT.
• Monitor and reporting of any customer issues, working closely with the Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering and Accounts departments.
• Ensure the customer is aware of the importance of contractual ‘Dependencies’ e.g. maintaining the maintenance schedules for MDT products.
• Reporting Non-Conformance work, arranging solution, ensuring completion and recording non-conformance. In addition, liaise with the Quality department to implement a long-term solution to minimise reoccurrence.
• Monitoring and provisioning of any warranty costs and forecasting spend.
• Continuous development and improvement of Business Systems and Processes.
Experience & Skills
• An engineering, technical or manufacturing background.
• Able to comprehend the technical requirements of the customer.
• At least 5 years project management experience gained in a manufacturing or engineering environment.
• Delivery of multimillion £ engineering projects preferably within the oil and gas contracting, the large diesel engine and/or rotating equipment markets.
• Comfortable to represent MDT professionally and liase up to a SeniorManagement level within Client organisations and other Agencies.
• Direct and indirect people and team management experience.
• Sound knowledge of Project Management methodologies and frameworks and capable of contributing to their improvement.
• Knowledge of SAP or another BMS/ERP tools.
• Experienced on MS Project or other scheduling software.
• Experienced in Risk Management, processes and tools.
• Able to support UK and international travel requirements.
• University degree / comparable vocational education with long-term work experience (desirable).
• A Project Management qualification such as; PMQ (APMP), PPQ, PQ, RPP,
• An Engineering qualification would also be desirable.