Engineering Manager – Electrical
Permanent - £Competitive
Coventry, West Midlands
Our automotive client in Coventry is seeking a new Engineering Manager – Electrical to join the business on a permanent basis to lead their electrical engineering team.
The role is to lead the Electrical Engineering team responsible for the delivery of low and high voltage electrical systems on existing and new vehicle lines.
• Lead the team responsible for the engineering, development and integration of electrical systems into the overall vehicle architecture for series hybrid electric vehicles.
• Overall responsibility for the successful delivery including engineering release, cost, timing, weight and quality.
• Responsible for verification, validation and sign off of all Electrical function group activities including FMEAs, ISO26262, EMC, SW release, HW release, and functionality tests throughout the development lifecycle.
• Provide Leadership to a matrix team of multi-disciplined electrical engineers with a focus on achieving project milestones for complete vehicle lifecycle activities within the target timeframe.
• Provide a primary interface to the stakeholder teams for all electrical engineering issues (product development functions, manufacturing, procurement, SQA, etc).
• Manage project resources (budget, headcount, etc) to achieve committed deliverables.
• Experience of operating in a senior engineering role, taking the lead for engineering activities and co-ordinating a wider team of engineers to produce fully integrated solutions.
• Extensive experience of Electrical system design and delivery within an automotive. Aerospace, transport or similar engineering environment.
• Thorough understanding of Electrical architectures / networks including CAN, LIN, FlexRay and Ethernet.
• Experience of system / component delivery within an APQP or similar framework.
• Understanding of functional safety (ISO26262).
• Previous experience of hybrid electric vehicle design/development advantageous.
• Experience of engineering and business processes within the automotive industry.
• Excellent communication and networking skills to enable you to build strong links within Engineering and the wider organisation.
• Production-oriented approach towards automotive development, ideally with experience in a mass production automotive engineering environment.
• A resilient character able to work with minimal supervision, with a strong desire to deliver against targets under pressure.
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review.