This opportunity would suit an Engineering Director who is keen to work in an SME environment, yet receive the backing of a global corporate. The company is a world leader in design & manufacture of connectivity, motion control and power electronics products, servicing the aerospace, defence and industrial markets.
With revenues in the £15-20m range and circa 100 employees, we are now looking for an Engineering Director who can work hand in hand with the MD and drive new product development, harness technology partnerships whilst maximising the engineering resources available.
You’d have design authority for all products, be responsible for developing product/R&D roadmaps and strategy for high quality, cost effective solutions.
Line management would include 35 R&D Engineers, Technicians, as well as engineering and project management disciplines.
We need an effective manager who can ensure projects are planned and managed to meet technical, financial and timescale requirements – from concept, design, qualification, production release and product retirement.
Engineering change and obsolescence management will also fall under your remit, as will ensuring the product development processes meet functional, cost and manufacturability requirements.
Interfacing with customers, sustaining and developing engineering capabilities (recruitment, training, succession planning, partnering etc) & ensuring robust procedures for document and configuration control will all come under your department.
- Engineering Degree with relevant profession engineering experience
- Post Graduate qualification desirable (MSc, MEng, MBA etc)
- Design authority experience – Electro-mechanical (Electronics preferred)
- Program management of multiple customer facing projects
- Aerospace/defence experience preferred
- Strong leader and cross functional relationship builder
- Confident presenter to customers and internal stakeholders
- High level of organisation and strategic planning skills
- Quality, Lean, Six Sigma, High Reliability, Design for Manufacture outlook
This opportunity would suit an Engineer who has progressed into Technical Management and enjoys both a strategic role as well as leading a team of Development Engineers on a daily basis. Specific technical areas of interest would be Power Electronics, RF & Microwave.