Leading engineering technology business working on major programmes across the UK is seeking an Engineering Design Manager to support a new, large scale project based in the South West of the UK.
You will be responsible for the management of a small design team who are responsible for multiple, security system designs, outsourced electrical design houses, for a large scale utilities based project.
My client is seeking a proven Engineering Design Manager who have experience managing a team of designers. This experience can have been gained in any engineering sector. More important is the proven team management skills.
As the Engineering Design Manager your responsibilities will include:
• Leadership and development responsibilities for a small team of Design Engineers
• Supporting internal project requirements and interdepartmental requirements – throughout the whole project life cycle from inception through to commissioning and handover to the client.
• Coordinate the detailed Design documentation with regards to ensuring that the technology design is integrated with the project delivery partners design elements. Provision of coordination requirements of the design elements between the Design Team, Project Engineers and representatives of the client
• Coordinate elements of the design process lifecycle in order to ensure that design output is fit for purpose in line with the project Operating Requirements (OR) and site specific operating requirements (SSOR)
• Coordination and control of resource and work load forecasting to support CNI design requirements.
• Coordination of Information and issues relating to site issues affecting design requirements.
• Design assurance and configuration of design output.
• Ensuring completion of final design documentation including provision of Databook requirements.
• Technical interface between Project Design Team and Project Site Managers and Project Support staff.
• Support measures to ensure compliance with the internal Quality Procedures and the Clients Quality assurance, Document control and procedures.
Ideal experience will include:
• Proven ability to lead a major projects design team. Demonstrable experience of managing large multi-disciplined integrated Technology / Security Design Projects.
• Ability to interpret specifications and contract requirements.
• Excellent organisational skills,
• Experience of working within operations teams
• Ability to plan ahead and communicate well with the team, suppliers and customers.