Our Automotive client are seeking a number of Engine Test Technicians to join their team in Northampton.
Applicants will ideally have experience of engine testing including engine dynamometers, and a sound understanding of base engine operation.
• To install engines onto the test dynamometer and carry out a range of testing, providing high quality data to meet Project requirements.
• To install engine to test dynamometer.
• To carry out testing and fitting work as requested on Rig & Test Request sheets
• To carry out basic test facility maintenance and cleaning
• To report test facility faults to the Supervisor
• To ensure that mandatory safety requirements are being adhered to by self and others visiting test facilities and rig rooms
Key Skills and Experience;
• BTEC ONC In Mechanical Engineering or Automotive
• Relevant engine testing experience including engine dynamometers, a sound understanding of base engine operation and a working knowledge of engine management systems
• Some experience of emissions measurement / analysis
• Very good fitting skills and able to produce basic fabricated components
• Able to adjust engine parameters using the Engine Management System
• Good understanding of test data and able to diagnose if engine is out of parameters