Fantastic opportunity with an advanced engineering client for an Engine Component Development / Application Engineer. Coventry based role, with opportunity to client-face, with some travel.
Ideally you will already gained 2+ years proven engineering experience post-graduation; prior experience of engine component development experience on either gasoline or diesel engines. Familiar working in an engineering environment, with logical thinking. Ideally you will have a deep understanding of engine combustion in terms of mechanism.
My client is global product leader, supplying the highest quality automotive components and systems for all the major global car manufacturers and the aftermarket.
At the Coventry site, my client has specialist teams focusing on powertrain, infotainment and safety systems, thermal systems and rotating machines for a variety of automotive and off-highway manufacturers.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To execute products application design and provide on-site support on engineering applications for customers & business expansion for:
- Motorcycle AC Generator (Support and expansion only)
- Automotive and Motorcycle spark plug
- Gas engine cogeneration spark plug
- Automotive and Motorcycle Ignition Coil
MAIN TASKS OF THE JOB:
- To develop & agree hardware specifications and support the components validation program via negotiations with customers, headquarters and manufacturing.
- To design application products incl. CAE/DOE analysis and drawing, and provide engine application support, incl. calibration & validation.