4 months ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive + benefits
Honda Racing F1 are seeking an Energy Storage System Engineer to join their team in Milton Keynes.
You will be responsible for the system level development of the primary high voltage circuit including battery system, battery management system and other subsystems, as well as fault investigation and setting countermeasures during ESS pack production stage or sign-off process. The role is also responsible for fault investigation of the ESS pack at factory, after races or test use, as well as addressing the countermeasures and conducting the follow up actions within the team.
• To support ESS test requests, whilst optimising facility capability and carrying out production, durability and development tests
• To investigate any faults on ESS pack at development, production, sign-off process and used on the race car.
• To address the countermeasures for the faults and conduct following process
• To analyse the battery or power electronics test data on ESS pack with supplier and sub-contractor
• To feedback the test data to ESS development team to improve the performance and reliability of ESS pack.
• To define the specification / design of test equipment as required
• Organise and oversee the equipment for ESS production
• Create report documents of the test results in a clear, concise and structured manner
• Any other tasks as reasonably required by the Company.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• ESS / Battery analysis, monitoring and development experience
• Proven strong fault finding and diagnostic abilities
• Experience in design and specification of production tools and equipment for ERS / Battery
• Strong knowledge of ERS testing methodologies
• Excellent document presentational skills
• An adept communicator, be able to build good relationships across all cultures both internally and externally
• Fluency in spoken & written English is essential. Competence in Japanese or another European language is desirable
• Domestic Travel and Travel overseas will be required
• Competence and licence to drive in the UK
• PC literate