Our client designs and manufacturers domestic, commercial and industrial cleaning and maintenance equipment located in Chard, South Somerset.
The Technology Group Leader is recruiting a brand new position for an Energy Storage / Battery Lead - Future Technology.
This is a strategic role responsible for research and development of future Battery technology.
The role will work in close collaboration with universities and third party companies to help research and develop the next generation of Energy Storage / Battery systems. You'll feedback research information to the business providing scope and road map for the companies direction over the next 5/10 years, supporting design and development of their current products and new products ensuring the business is at the forefront of new technology.
This is a standalone specialist role and could in the future take ownership and management a team of engineers.
• Significant experience in energy storage systems, mechanical and electronic design for volume manufacture.
• Commercial experience - such as negotiation techniques, supply chain management, customer relationship development, etc.
Demonstrable technical knowledge in the following subject areas:
• Current and emerging battery chemistries
• Performance, cycle life, thermal performance and operating characteristics of batteries & chemistries
• Cell and pack level characteristics and parameters
• Cell & pack level best practice design guides, rules, manufacturing & assembly techniques.
• Current and emerging global safety standards
• Use of CAD packages ideally Solid Works & Altium.
• Design of electronic safety systems & Battery Management Systems (BMS)
• Previous experience in consumer products, power electronics, portable devices, power tools etc.
• Hands on testing & evaluation using a range of test equipment
Please contact myself for more information