Our world class Engineering client are seeking an Energy Storage Senior Technician, Materials Processing and Battery Assembly to join their growing team.
• Apply your knowledge to develop custom materials and components in their cells, enabling the next generation of our products.
• Use a combination of practical experience in manual and semi-automated assembly and materials processing alongside continuous improvement to carry out and optimise processes that provide prototype cells for testing, on time and in full.
• Be responsible for quality, from traceability to characterisation to advance materials and cell performance.
• Work within a multidisciplinary team to scale materials from discovery to prototype cells. Utilising process insight and applied knowledge you will facilitate new product introductions and transfer developed processes to manufacture.
• Be responsible for delivering operational and/or technical tasks and processes across a range of core operational activities across the engineering lifecycle.
• Degree qualified or equivalent experience in a chemical, physical science or engineering discipline relevant to assembly and battery manufacturing techniques.
• Relevant industrial experience. For example, a background in the battery, electronics, aerospace, assembly industries.
• Practical experience of accurate and repetitive manual assembly whilst maintaining accuracy and quality over extended periods. Providing examples of roles involving exceptional fine motor skills.
• Practical experience of working with and maintaining automated and semi-automated assembly equipment, including problem solving.
• Practical experience of handling hazardous materials and use of protective equipment.
• Good understanding of health, safety and environmental responsibilities within a chemical environment.
• Experience of a quality driven research environment, traceability systems and maintaining auditable assembly records.
• Experience of following standard operating procedures and change control in a research and development environment.
• Prior experience of the materials and processes used in the energy storage industry, training will be provided.
• Practical knowledge of analytical and characterisation techniques used in chemical and materials processing.
• Experience of kilo scale chemical manufacture and materials processing
• Experience of process development and technical transfer.
• Operation and maintenance of converting equipment.
• Operation, maintenance and method development of welding and heat-sealing equipment
• Operation, maintenance of presses and press tooling
• Understanding of process research and development.
• Working knowledge of good engineering practise and equipment qualification.
• Lean Six Sigma tools