Energy Storage Lead Technician - Materials Processing And Battery Assembly
|Job Title:||Energy Storage Lead Technician - Materials Processing And Battery Assembly|
|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Nick Green|
|Job Published:||May 18, 2021 14:10|
Our world class Engineering client are seeking x4 Energy Storage Lead Technicians, Materials Processing And Battery Assembly to join their growing team.
You will join a team of material scientists, electrochemists, mechanical and electronic engineers, and your focus will be the production of prototype cells. You will be involved in the end to end process from chemical processing and roll to roll coatings, through preparation of components, to the hands-on assembly of prototype cells using a combination of manual and automated processes. In this role you will have access to the latest technologies from around the world and develop the next generation of batteries. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team and have opportunity to develop capabilities across a range of materials processing, cell assembly and characterisation techniques.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
• Gain a clear understanding of Energy Storage Requirements and apply your knowledge to prepare and develop custom materials and components in our cells, enabling the next generation of our products.
• Be responsible for delivering maintenance, operational and/or technical tasks and processes across a range of core operational activities across the engineering lifecycle.
• Work within a multidisciplinary team to scale materials from discovery to prototype cells. Utilising process insight and applied knowledge you will facilitate new product introductions and contribute to the transfer of processes to manufacture.
• Use a combination of practical experience in manual and semi-automated assembly and materials processing alongside continuous improvement to carry out and optimise processes that provide prototype cells for testing, on time and in full.
• Be responsible for quality, from traceability to characterisation to advance materials and cell performance.
• Educated with practical experience in a chemical, physical science or engineering discipline relevant to assembly and battery manufacturing techniques.
• Relevant industrial experience. For example, a background in the battery, electronics, aerospace, assembly industries and/or chemical, pharmaceutical, coatings, plastics, food, converting industries.
• Practical experience of accurate and repetitive manual assembly whilst maintaining accuracy and quality over extended periods. Providing examples of roles involving exceptional fine motor skills.
• Practical experience of working with and maintaining automated and semi-automated assembly equipment, including problem solving.
• Practical experience of handling kilo scale quantities of hazardous materials and use of protective equipment.
• Good understanding of health, safety and environmental responsibilities within a chemical environment.
• Experience of a quality driven research environment, traceability systems and maintaining auditable assembly records.
• Experience of following standard operating procedures and change control in a research and development environment.
• Experience of performing quality control procedures from goods-in to final product.
• Problem solving, analytical with an attention to detail.
• Excellent team working and interpersonal skills, including flexibility and adaptability whilst working across teams.
• Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information. Practised in the use of office applications for recording, processing and presenting data.
• Capable of working independently to plan ahead, deliver materials and complete tasks on time and in full.
• Prior experience of the materials and processes used in the energy storage industry, training will be provided.
• Practical knowledge of analytical and characterisation techniques used in chemical and materials processing.
• Experience of kilo scale chemical manufacture and materials processing.
• Experience of manual and semi-automated assembly processes.
• Operation and maintenance of converting equipment.
• Operation, maintenance and method development of welding and heat-sealing equipment. Operation, maintenance of presses and press tooling.
• Lean Six Sigma tools
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's