Firmware Engineer - C Programming
|Job Title:||Firmware Engineer - C Programming|
|Salary:||£Contact for details|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Feist|
|Job Published:||January 02, 2019 15:15|
Firmware Engineer - C
Our Automotive Manufacturing client based in Leeds in Yorkshire is looking to expand their Engineering department by recruiting a new Firmware Engineer with good experience in C programming.
This role would suit an electronics engineering or embedded software engineering graduate with a a year or two's work experience either from a work placement or some industry experience seeking a new challenge. You will need to have strong C programming ability and a good electronics hardware, embedded software experience.
This is a stand along Firmware Engineer role - working alongside 3 Electronics Engineer and therefore, you need to be confident in your capability. Working closely with America, updating products, debugging, fixing and re-writing products.
Working within a small Engineering team to design, you will develop embedded firmware code for key products.
Your attention to detail will be paramount in achieving success in the role. You will be passionate about writing well documented and maintainable code and you will strive for success in every aspect of your role.
We are a small but perfectly formed team so you will need to help your colleagues as and when required in order to achieve success.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
? Responsible for the full code lifecycle, including requirements, design, Implementation and test of key enhancement as required
? Advance the concept design into a product ready for manufacture
? Thorough testing of both hardware and firmware at development stages (with hardware support from other engineers)
? Run multiple tasks/projects in parallel (switching to the highest priority task as and when required)
• Strong embedded software development skills in C
• Experience of working with PIC microcontrollers (8, 16, 32 bit) using MPLABX IDE and XC compilers
• Experience of working with ARM (NXP) and ATMEL Microcontrollers
• Experience with development tools like Keil and Git version control system
• Ability to understand electronic hardware schematic and component datasheets
• Dedicated, hard-working and well organised with a quality focus to achieve the assigned targets
• A positive ‘can-do’ attitude towards addressing assigned issues and projects
• Capable of delivering results under pressure to strict deadlines
• Good development, documentation, release and revision management skill
• Experience with common communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, UART and CAN
• Experience of programming under an RTOS (such as FreeRTOS) – an appreciation of its impact on the code, and the ability to debug in a multi-threaded environment
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV to us.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's