This opportunity would appeal to a seasoned Software Engineer who can create, maintain and deliver Navigation software solutions, meeting internal and external customer requirements through all stages of the development lifecycle. Two positions are available - one at Engineer and one at Senior Engineer level.
The roles have arisen because there is an increase in embedded platform development work within the Engineering division and our client has recently been awarded two funded projects.
You’ll join an established software team comprising of a Software Manager, Principal Engineer, a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, 2 Systems Engineers, a Junior Engineer and a Senior Algorithm Developer.
• Educated to degree level i.e. BSc/BEng or equivalent qualification in a related discipline; such as Electronics, Physics or Computer Science
• Educated to A Level or above in Maths
• Extensive full development cycle experience of embedded software, including developing new novel applications from scratch.
• Strong analytical and debugging skills
• Proven experience in the development of quality solutions to tight timescales
• Strong C and/or C++ skills in an embedded, multi-threaded POSIX RTOS environment(s) (e.g. Blackberry QNX, Greenhills Integrity, RTEMS, etc.)
• Experience of hardware/software interfacing, particularly digital electronics
• Low-level communications experience e.g. TCP/IP, RS232/485, USB
• Competence in the use of algorithms and data structures
• FPGA design and interfacing,
• Relevant experience of development of complex, technical applications
• Development experience using Matlab
• Windows development experience (Visual Studio .NET; C#, Lua, etc.)
• Exposure to different development methodologies
• Embedded Webserver
• Project management skills
Working hours are 08:30-17:00, one hour for lunch. Some flexibility available.
This position would suit an experienced Software Engineer rather than a candidate that needs development into the role.
There might be occasional UK and International travel. In a typical year this may involve up to 5 offsite visits of 1 week to the Plymouth trials facility.